Questions on cra_backup.pl variable and monthly archives

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Questions on cra_backup.pl variable and monthly archives

Postby BigJohnson » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:37 am

Hello all. First time poster. Long time visitor. I currently run Coranto v1.24 with the following addons: Backup, Maginot, News Categories. My question concerns a variable modification to cra_backup.pl - the time interval after which backups are updated. By default, this is seven days. What do I need to change in this variable to make it do a backup twice a day? I have a somewhat busy site, and my newsdat.txt gets truncuated probably an average of atleast 2 times in a 6 month period. That scares the hell out of me and as a results I manually download my newsdat.txt to my hard drive several times a day. Thats why I wanna change the the backup addon to eliminate me from doing this. Or is there a possible ftp program that will automatically download for you at the time you give it? I'm vaguely familiar with macro - is than an option?

$BackupTime = 60 * 60 * 24 * 7; # The frequency of backups, in seconds.

I just remembered another problem I have too. I have to do a full rebuild to get my monthly archives to update. I remember this as a known problem a few years ago. Was there ever a fix?

Any help and/or suggestions to my annoyances would be extremely helpfull. Thanks!
BigJohnson

Re: Questions on cra_backup.pl variable and monthly archives

Postby Parahead » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:17 pm

BigJohnson wrote:By default, this is seven days. What do I need to change in this variable to make it do a backup twice a day?

$BackupTime = 60 * 60 * 24 * 7; # The frequency of backups, in seconds.
How many seconds is there on one minute? 60
How many minutes are there on one hour? 60
How many hours are there on one day? 24
How many days are there in one week? 7

So basically 60 * 60 * 24 * 7 = The amount of secons in one week.

Twice a day? 12 hours, right... 60 * 60 * 12 = ?

BigJohnson wrote:I just remembered another problem I have too. I have to do a full rebuild to get my monthly archives to update. I remember this as a known problem a few years ago. Was there ever a fix?
I don't think this has been solved in Coranto 1.24 by some addon but I can mention this has been addressed in Coranto 1.31.x. Not much help to you, unless you could check out that solution and make it into an addon that works for 1.24?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Customization