sorting by date..

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

sorting by date..

Postby Gcampos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:27 am

hi all,

would like to know how to be able to sort news posts by date. my set up of coranto is used for scheduling of event dates, not necesarily news postings, although i did use that in another page.

I would do like so:

1st post: Jan 20
2nd post: jan 22

Then i would have someone say they need a post for the 21, but i used to have to delete the 22nd, post the 21, then post the 22 again.

is there a way to get around that?

thanks,

gerry
Gcampos

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:53 am

Settings for sorting the items you enter are on the profile settings page under:

Advanced Profile Settings => Sort Order

You sound like you need the ChangeDateNew addon, which allows you to change the date that is stored for each item in the database. You can then set the date and time for each post when you enter or edit it. It is listed on the addons page and you can get it at:

Parahead's Coranto Corner
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Gcampos » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:58 am

Dale Ray wrote:Settings for sorting the items you enter are on the profile settings page under:

Advanced Profile Settings => Sort Order

You sound like you need the ChangeDateNew addon, which allows you to change the date that is stored for each item in the database. You can then set the date and time for each post when you enter or edit it. It is listed on the addons page and you can get it at:

Parahead's Coranto Corner

looks like that wil work, will dl and check it out thanks.

gerry
Gcampos

not what i am looking for...

Postby Gcampos » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:29 pm

ok i got to thinking, this addon is used to alter dates that have been submitted, but only for dates of news submissions. what i am after is this:

I post News "A" on Jan 19 2006 - 9:03am
(event date is Feb 05 2006)

I post news "B" on Jan 19 2006 - 9:04am
(event date is Feb 07 2006)

I want to post news "C" in between the event date of 05 and 07 of Feb. so this alter submission date addon wont work, theres no inbetween "alter date/time" of Jan 19 2006 - 9:03am and Jan 19 2006 - 9:04am.

Anyone know what i am talking about?

thanks

Gerry
Gcampos

no

Postby nuage9 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:48 pm

just enter the date in the form when you submit news C, that addon will let you do this. it won't have the current date in the box, but you should just type in the date you want it to be.

so yes, you can change the date of old news submissions and of news submissions before you submit them. If you change the date to a future date, though, I don't think it will show up until that date comes and you build news.
nuage9

Re: not what i am looking for...

Postby Dale Ray » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:13 pm

gcampos wrote:ok i got to thinking, this addon is used to alter dates that have been submitted, but only for dates of news submissions. what i am after is this:

I post News "A" on Jan 19 2006 - 9:03am
(event date is Feb 05 2006)

I post news "B" on Jan 19 2006 - 9:04am
(event date is Feb 07 2006)

I want to post news "C" in between the event date of 05 and 07 of Feb. so this alter submission date addon wont work, theres no inbetween "alter date/time" of Jan 19 2006 - 9:03am and Jan 19 2006 - 9:04am.

Anyone know what i am talking about?

thanks

Gerry

Actually you could post between the events used in the example since you can enter the event time down to the seconds.

Looking at your original post it looks like you want the events sorted in the order they are going to happen, but don't want to change the date they were posted. If you want the date that the event will be held and the date the event is posted to be different you have to use additional date/time fields. Use the Sort Orders addon so that you can sort by the added date/time fields.

ChangeDateNew allows you to choose if you want to show or filter our 'future events'.

gcampos - did you actually test the use of this addon?
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

ok see what you mean

Postby Gcampos » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:41 pm

see what you mean, tried to do it and did post the date likeu said, i think i was doing it wrong. will keep testing. thanks.
Gcampos

Return to Customization