Need HTML Template with Multipage Addon

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Need HTML Template with Multipage Addon

Postby mamema » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:45 pm

Hi,

i've read nearly every tutorial and related post, but i'm stuck now. So plz help me out.

What i want to do:

Create a TOC with only the subject to the news linked and clickable.
This should work with several pages

What i've done so far. Create a multipage capable environment.
The files file-1.shtml file-2.shtml are created in correct order. I have 10 news items per page.

I have insert Perl code to number the news items. Works fine.

Now i'm trying the following.
Using a html page as a template (renamed to *.tmpl) to create the html files.

But what do i have to insert into the template file

if i use:
Code: Select all
<!--#include virtual="file.txt" -->

The file "file.html" is empty and the files-1.shtml and "files-2.shtml" have both all entries included

If i'm running news creation without template, the corresponding *.txt are correct, but now i don't know how to include the correct syntax in my html files.

If i insert

<a href="http://mysite/news/file-<Field: itemCount>.shtml"><Field: Subject></a><br><br>

i get only one entry regardless if i'm having 20.......

If i insert
<Field: Content>

The file.html as all entries in it and the file-1.shtml and file-2.shtml have the correct entries.

How do i get a solution with templeates so the first called (s)html file has the first ten entries, the NEXT-Link shows the next ten entries etc?

So, i need help to get it solved.

Best regards

mamema
mamema

Postby bozoka45 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:59 pm

The only fields you can use in templates are <Field: Title> and <Field: Content> the rest has to be used in styles. Read here to get an understanding of headlines.
bozoka45

Re: Need HTML Template with Multipage Addon

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:41 pm

mamema wrote:How do i get a solution with templeates so the first called (s)html file has the first ten entries, the NEXT-Link shows the next ten entries etc?
I would suggest using the Maginot addon and use a Maginot Slice Profile, limiting the number of items on each page to 10 and using the provided coding examples in the documentation for that addon to create the PREV/NEXT-links. I would suggest doing a little reading in the HELP section of this site about the difference between Styles and Templates as well.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:54 pm

Look at the tutorial Using Item Counters in Coranto Styles and see the section titled MultiPage Headline Links. In particular you want to look at section three MultiPage Link Style and section 4.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby mamema » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:37 am

perhaps i'm not clear enough. I try it again.

I know the differents about templates and styles
(styles are for every items processed from the "news styles" section) and templates are placeholders to put the whole stuff into html code. Now i know there are only these two field parameters available. Thank you for that.

I have also Multipage running and working with this style code:

<PerlCode>
my $ItemsPerPage = $newsprofiles{$ProfileName}->{'MultiPage-number'} ? $newsprofiles{$ProfileName}->{'MultiPage-number'} : 10;
$itemCount = $ItemsPerPage * $mpFileCount{$ProfileName} + $mpPostCount{$ProfileName} - $ItemsPerPage;
if (--$itemCount == $NCActiveCount{$ProfileName}) {
   $done = 1;
}
</PerlCode>
<a href="http://www.mysite.com/news/article_pages-<Field: itemCount>.shtml"><Field: Subject></a><br><br>

then i get one file with the headlines and several files created by multipage with the static links to the documents.

But thats not exactly what i want.
Assume the first html file with the headlines has 34 items in it, i cannot display it at once.
So i need a solution where the first headline html file also splits into several pages (10 headlines each) I didn't find a document/howto/etc. for this.

even in the mentioned "Using Item Counters in Coranto Styles" there is no such solution mentioned. I played around with "Maginot " and didn't get a solution. So before i go into it again.
Is this only possible with maginot or is multipage also possible?

Best regards

mamema
mamema

Postby Parahead » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:56 am

mamema wrote:then i get one file with the headlines and several files created by multipage with the static links to the documents.

But thats not exactly what i want.
Assume the first html file with the headlines has 34 items in it, i cannot display it at once.
So i need a solution where the first headline html file also splits into several pages (10 headlines each) I didn't find a document/howto/etc. for this.
I haven't so much experience of the Multipage addon and I am not getting a crystal clear picture of what you describe or how you want the pages to be arranged, so before I give you more advice (so I don't head you off in the wrong directon) I just want to check that I understand.

Take a look at this page, it contains 8 newsitems on each page with links to the full newsitem (you can think of this page as a headline page). At the top of the page you can see a TOC like 1|2|3|4 and a PREV/NEXT-link at the left/right of that TOC to the other headline pages. Is this what you are trying to achive? Then I would say Maginot is a good choice...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby mamema » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:04 pm

yes!

so i take the maginot track.... Thank you!
mamema

Return to Customization