customising style help

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

customising style help

Postby wbryce » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:23 pm

Hello,

Coding is a non existing lanuage to me! Can someone possibably help me out and help me generate a subtle Style for my news? the bog standard styles do not look nice on my website....To try and sort things up I attempted to change the background a little but it never worked :(

I'm looking to have the Text split up from the Subject, date, time etc...and in a subtle way with a colour or a border....

Can anyone help me out with some code to do so? I have tried the tutorials etc but it seems they where written for people that are already familiar with the lanuage!

this was the style i was playing about with to try and change the background colour, the colours entered are just for test purpose but they never worked hehe..

<PerlCode>@OurColours = qw(#CCCCCC #FFFF00); # define the colours$SwitchColour = $OurColours[($NextColour++ % @OurColours)];<strong> ; </PerlCode><Field: Subject></strong> -- <Field: Month_Name> <Field: Month_Day>, <Field: Hour>:<Field: Minute> <Field: AMPM><br> <Field: Text>

Although the above would be pretty basic, I was testing this to perhaps change the background colour to a lite, subtle colour! Still would like a border or simular thrown in there! but that code never worked, it remained the same before I added the <PerlCode>... etc...

thanks in advance,
will
wbryce

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:31 pm

Did you use the <Field: SwitchColour> tag anywhere in your style?
bozoka45

Postby SrNupsen » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:35 pm

I wouldn't suggest using perl code if you're not familiar with HTML, as it's even harder to understand.

Go Google a CSS tutorial, and start from there. It will give you complete control over the appearance of your news, and it isn't really difficult.

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby wbryce » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:12 am

bozoka,

no I never included that tag? I will try including it! is there a specific location I should input it?

As for CSS, I've already designed my site etc...If I can just sort out the basic style of the news then i'm laughing....I'm familiar with the operation of code from my education days but not a regular user....
wbryce

Postby bozoka45 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:37 pm

Please read the entire thing, and your question will be answered. You need to use the SwitchColour tag in your HTML whereever you want the background color to switch.
bozoka45

Return to Customization