archiving of categories

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

archiving of categories

Postby woofa » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:53 am

i am making changes to my site and am including two different categories for the first time, so that i can include one category of news in a right column and one category in the left.

i was wondering if there's a way to have two categories but still have them monthly archived to the same page. ie, the main page will display two columns but once the news is archived both will go into the same page and order itself according to the date.

currently it automatically creates news-archive-11-2005.html for category 1 and alternate-archive-11-2005.html for the second category. the same goes with the headlines.txt. i'd also like to know if it's possible for the headlines file to contain both categories.

i currently use an RSS addon which creates an RSS feed and this gives me the option of selecting categories to include, so it displays all news in the one rss file -- this is EXACTLY what i'm after. since the addon makes it possible i'm sure there has to be a way to monthly archive and headline in the same way.

knowing me the option's probably there and i'm missing it. thanks in advance for any help.
woofa

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:03 pm

No problem - You just need a new profile, set it to include both categories and voilà! Better to do this than to rely on Coranto built-in archiving feature. If you want it to contain only news older than a certain date, you could use the filter by date option.

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Return to Customization