commenting systems

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

commenting systems

Postby web » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:28 am

I want to include somehow the comments FORM and the ANSWERS UNDER the submitted news ON THE SAME PAGE

as i understand, iSay can't do this.. are there any suggestions how and with which addon or script it could be done?
web

Postby bozoka45 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:56 pm

My Dynamic Related News doesn't work for you? It's not hard to put a posting form on the page, just check phpbb to look for a solution to that (or just look at the posting page and find the elements you need).
bozoka45

Postby web » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:04 pm

Hi bozoka45,

nice to meet you again.. Your Related News works well, however i have some questions about news putting itself to related..
but now i've the problem with commenting system.. thanks, i'll look through phpbb but i'm not familiar with php and it will take very much time for me to understand the principles...
i thought maybe anybody have installed it in case i want.. and could give quick solution..

now i've found script for commenting issues but there i have problem with php.. i'm not sure this is a place i can ask questions about php. The problem is redirection to the page from where i've submitted comment... after submitting it goes to thank you page and must autoredirect back...
what is written in script works on my localhost, but won't on server..
web

Postby bozoka45 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:31 am

You don't need any knowledge of PHP, just look at phpbb, look at the HTML code, and find out the names of the Subject and Text field, and any hidden fields, and what the form action is.
bozoka45

Postby web » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:09 am

thanks. i did it. you can see it here
http://www.apsny.ge/news/1131838421.php

now it works, but it is not solution for coranto.. we need iSay or other addons to be compatible with our needs :-)))
web

Re: commenting systems

Postby Parahead » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:16 am

web wrote:I want to include somehow the comments FORM and the ANSWERS UNDER the submitted news ON THE SAME PAGE

as i understand, iSay can't do this..
It *sounds* like this is similar to what you want and since I use iSay on that page I would say it is possible? I may be wrong on what you want to achive though?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby web » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:30 pm

Parahead? seems this is what i want..
i did it in this case but not with iSay. you can see it going through link i've provided..
If it's possible with iSay, it would be interesting to know how (for others too)
web

Postby Parahead » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:41 pm

web wrote:Parahead? seems this is what i want..
i did it in this case but not with iSay. you can see it going through link i've provided..
If it's possible with iSay, it would be interesting to know how (for others too)
The link you provided was dead at the time of my post, hence I was not sure it was what you where after...

Hmm... Coming to think about it I may have been to quick to say "I use isay". The thing is that I have modified my installation of iSay so it now contains a feature like the addon QueryFetcher provides for Coranto. As you can see from the link I use a SHTML page, which includes a call to iSay which handles the params sent to the SHTML-page.

Anyway, it was quite some time ago I set this up, but I just used to the iSay Comment template to present the comments and then the Comment Summart template to present the news submit form. The Overall template wraps things together...
Parahead

Postby web » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am

Thanks Para but i'm not sure i can do it myself..
web

Postby bozoka45 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:16 pm

web wrote:Thanks Para but i'm not sure i can do it myself..

Do you mean you've tried and failed or do you mean you just haven't tried?
bozoka45

Postby web » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:53 pm

no , i've not tried because of lack my PHP knowledge
web

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:07 pm

web wrote:no , i've not tried because of lack my PHP knowledge

Paraheads solution doesn't involve PHP to any extent. If you need help, let us know and I'm sure someone will help you.
bozoka45

Postby web » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:40 am

thaks guys, at this moment i have solution.
Any case, it would be interesting for others to use coranto's possibilities for their sites
web

Postby Parahead » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:52 pm

web wrote:thaks guys, at this moment i have solution.
Care to share the solution with us?

web wrote:Any case, it would be interesting for others to use coranto's possibilities for their sites
I don't understand this sentance, please elaborate...
Parahead

Postby web » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:28 pm

Care to share the solution with us?

i've attached other script which have foun on hotscripts page/ Do you want me to provide with script?

Any case, it would be interesting for others to use coranto's possibilities for their sites

as my solution is not baed on any coranto addon usage, i think it would be nice to know how to make such commenting things with iSay as it is done by Parahead
web

Return to Customization