New user levels

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

New user levels

Postby VZey » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:52 am

I looked around for this but only found a solution of the usergroups mod, which doesn't do what I need it to (it can only set existing users to a custom group, not default new registrations to a lower level)

I need to have all new registrations default to a post only ability.
VZey

Postby Jahandar » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:26 pm

Judging by this and your other post this morning, are you sure the guestpost addon couldn't serve your needs?

EDIT: Also check out GuestReg and UserGroups
Generic Editor Adaptor (GEA) - Use virtually any WYSIWYG HTML Editor in Coranto
cra_RTE - WYSIWYG HTML Editor for Coranto posts
HowTo: Fix Reply Links when using ShadowMail and Private Messenger together
Jahandar

Postby VZey » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:14 am

guestpost doesn't do what I need because it doesn't allow tracking of what each user has posted, I've setup guestreg so users who register with coranto also register with my forum software using the dual form submit technique I discussed in this thread

As I said in my first post in this thread, the usergroups addon doesn't seem to allow new users to default to a custom group - what this addon does is not add new user levels but to actually group existing users and then customise their permissions.
VZey

Postby Parahead » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:14 am

VZey wrote:As I said in my first post in this thread, the usergroups addon doesn't seem to allow new users to default to a custom group - what this addon does is not add new user levels but to actually group existing users and then customise their permissions.
I did take a quick look into the addon and it doesn't have this feature just as you say. Sounds like it would be a good feature request for it though?

I suggest using the hook AddUser in cradmin.pl and a modified version of the sub UG_EditSave in the UserGroups addon which padds the new user to the group of your choice. Maybe having a checkbox in the settingspage for a specific UserGroup that says "Default new users to this group".
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby SomeGuyNamedJim » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:51 am

VZey wrote:guestpost...guestreg
Just want to point out that those are two different addons (you probably already know this, but it's a somewhat frequent mistake to confuse guestpost for guestreg, selectimage for selectpic, etc...).

As far as I know, GuestReg allows new users (who register through GuestReg) to be placed in to a limited "guest" account (although it's been a few years since I used it, so I may be mistaken).
SomeGuyNamedJim

Return to Customization