Addendums to news topics

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Addendums to news topics

Postby arvin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:59 pm

Hi,
I've currently got a viewnews style set up for my animated webcomic page (http://alivejournal.greasypigstudios.com ; I'd posted here before and got some great feedback). It makes a new news page every time I create a new news post (whenever a new episode comes up, every friday).

I'd like to still be able to make posts in between fridays, that would be addendums to the current episode posting, but I don't want to just use Modify News for it. I'd like it to have its own table cell/headline, and date/time. And then these would be archived in viewnews right along with the episode posting to which they were originally attached. This would be similar to the admin comments section of Penny Arcade.

Is it possible?
arvin

Postby bozoka45 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:51 pm

You could use the CustomFields addon and use a dropdown from file field. Create a new profile that would list all the news subjects in one text file, per line. Then, create a drop down from file field that would load that file. You could select the news subject (or any other field you wanted to use) and somehow "attach" it to that Subject. This would require some Maginot usage, and I think you could pull it off. Not sure exactly how.
bozoka45

Postby Jahandar » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:21 pm

Check out the various news commenting addons on the addon page (VBComments, iSay, etc). I think they can provide the functionality you want, or at least can after a few adjustments.
Generic Editor Adaptor (GEA) - Use virtually any WYSIWYG HTML Editor in Coranto
cra_RTE - WYSIWYG HTML Editor for Coranto posts
HowTo: Fix Reply Links when using ShadowMail and Private Messenger together
Jahandar

Return to Customization