Submit to multiple categories

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Submit to multiple categories

Postby amagik » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:55 pm

I want to be able to submit my news to multiple categories. Do you recommend the Tintinnabulum addon for this? I am having trouble dowloading it from the authors website. Can anyone emai it to me; runeh@psi.no

Thanks
amagik

Re: Submit to multiple categories

Postby Parahead » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:17 pm

amagik wrote:I want to be able to submit my news to multiple categories. Do you recommend the Tintinnabulum addon for this?
That addon has some problems coexisting with other addons, so I would not recommend using it. Another approach would be to use a custom field where you can select more than one option (for example a checkbox or a multiple selection dropdown field) and use the latest version of the Filter-By-Field 2 addon which can filter with regexp. That would allow you to include newsitems that has a certain option selected.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Filter by Field with Maginot

Postby amagik » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:44 am

Thanks for the tip :-) I also want to use the Maginot static addon to create individual pages for my news. Maginot profile wont let me filter by field. Does this mean i cant use maginot addon in this configuration? Filtering is by the way working beautifully :D
amagik

Re: Filter by Field with Maginot

Postby Parahead » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:59 pm

amagik wrote:Thanks for the tip :-) I also want to use the Maginot static addon to create individual pages for my news. Maginot profile wont let me filter by field. Does this mean i cant use maginot addon in this configuration? Filtering is by the way working beautifully :D
The FBF2 addon does handle Maginot Profiles, that is correct. I could take a look at what needs to be done to get it to though. I put it on my todo-list, I can't give you a timeframe when that can be though...

What type of Maginot Profile are we talking about BTW, maybe it doesn't matter for you if it is a Static Profile?
Parahead

Postby amagik » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:14 pm

Didnt quite understand you there :?: Can i use FBF2 addon with Maginot Static profiles? I got FBF2 to work with standard profiles, but i want it to create static pages. So i guess i need the Maginot addon and create Maginot static profiles instead. How do i use FBF2 with Maginot static profiles? Im sorry that i didnt understand your reply.
amagik

Postby Parahead » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:23 pm

amagik wrote:Didnt quite understand you there :?: Can i use FBF2 addon with Maginot Static profiles? I got FBF2 to work with standard profiles, but i want it to create static pages. So i guess i need the Maginot addon and create Maginot static profiles instead. How do i use FBF2 with Maginot static profiles? Im sorry that i didnt understand your reply.
Nope, the FBF2 addon does not handle Maginot Profiles. What I ment with my last sentance was that if you use a Maginot Static Profile it may not be needed to filter out any newsitems, you could simply create them all anyway, based on the category rather than the field you use with FBF2. But it depends on your setup of course if this is a workable 'solution'...
Parahead

Postby amagik » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:41 pm

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this by using the bundled category addon? I want to be able to submit newsitems to more than one category at the same time, and i need to create static pages.
amagik

Postby Parahead » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:05 pm

amagik wrote:Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this by using the bundled category addon? I want to be able to submit newsitems to more than one category at the same time, and i need to create static pages.
Not if you want a truly generic solution where you can submit a newsitem to any number of categories. A simple solution would otherwise be to create cat1, cat2 and cat12 where cat12 is a symbolic category for news submitted to both cat1 and cat2. As I said, a *simple* solution and probably not what you want...

And you can still create Static files like I told you, I don't know your setup if it really matters if you create static files for all news regardless on the value of the field you use to filter with FBF2, but you don't have to link to the newsitems you aren't "interested" in... There will be some overhead regarding space on your server though.

But like I said, if you can hold your horses, I will look into the FBF2 addon when I get time to see what can be done to make it work with Maginot Profiles...
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:32 pm

Parahead wrote:I will look into the FBF2 addon when I get time to see what can be done to make it work with Maginot Profiles...
Hmm... Maybe I am starting to get old? I had totaly forgot that I had already implemented this into FBF2, check out FBF2 version 2.1 and it should work just fine together with Maginot build 15...
Parahead

Postby amagik » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:47 pm

Thanks :D Seems to be working now. Do you know where i can get the norwegian language file. I searched this forum and apparently it exists, but i cant find it anywhere.... :roll:
amagik

Postby Parahead » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:22 am

amagik wrote:Thanks :D Seems to be working now.
Good! :-)

amagik wrote:Do you know where i can get the norwegian language file. I searched this forum and apparently it exists, but i cant find it anywhere.... :roll:
It doesn't exists an official one for Coranto 1.24, but I can give you a hint for how to solve it. If you download the 1.31.2 BETA there is a zip-file with language packs which you might try out. This is not the intended way to use that language pack and it contains a lot of strings that 1.24 doesn't use so you are one your own in regards to support then though...
Parahead

Return to Customization