Custom field for "Current Music" similar to mood f

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Custom field for "Current Music" similar to mood f

Postby trethacker » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:51 am

My wife and I use coranto as a blog of sorts and I have been trying a few things to add more to it to better fit our needs.

I added the Mood addon and would also like to have a field for "Current Music" so we can add what we are listening to during our post writing... I tried cra_song.pl in hopes that it was the ticket, but it adds the fields to every post the same... so if I say my music is Mudvayne-happy, then it posts Music: Mudvayne - Happy through ALL of our entries, old and new... instead of giving us the option to change the music per post...

I did notice that you can create custom fields using an addon and I also saw something in the admin editing menus regarding custom fields as well (i dont remember off the top of my head which menu and I am not at my own machine to check, sorry)... but do not know which one will get me what I am loking for or if I should modify cra_mood to work as a music field or what....

Thank you in advance for all advice or solutions...

.:t:.
trethacker

Postby LoneOwl » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:40 am

It would be in Administration -> Edit User Fields. Why the song addon isn't working, I have no clue at all. It's more or less a convience addon, like mood.
LoneOwl

Re: Custom field for "Current Music" similar to mo

Postby Parahead » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:03 pm

trethacker wrote:I tried cra_song.pl in hopes that it was the ticket, but it adds the fields to every post the same... so if I say my music is Mudvayne-happy, then it posts Music: Mudvayne - Happy through ALL of our entries, old and new... instead of giving us the option to change the music per post...
I am not entirly what the Song addon is but I think you should check out the Custom Fields addon, which lets you add new options to a dropdown field 'on the fly' from the submit news page. This way you can add new music/songs as you go, or reuse old values as well...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby LoneOwl » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:04 am

I wrote it for a friend's blog. It's just a convinence addon, creating the fields and putting them on the submit page in a neat table.
LoneOwl

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:02 am

uhm

someone here suggested editing userfield.. thats not it

someone here suggested using customfields addon, thats.. pointless

this guy doesnt understand.. you can add customfields to the submit page.. (the customfields addon just enhances them and adds new kinds, not needed)

Administration -> Edit Custom Fields

create a new one for "Current Song"

then add to your style..

Code: Select all
<If: Field: Customfield_Current_Song>Currently Playing: <Field: Customfield_Current_Song><br /></If>
..nuttier then a squirrel turd..
InSAnE NiNjA

Return to Customization