Multiple coranto installations - shared login (and cookies)

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Multiple coranto installations - shared login (and cookies)

Postby TBloodfist » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:30 pm

I am wondering if it is possible for me to install multiple versions of coranto on one server (ie - one for news, one for articles), yet have them all share the same login cookie?

Thanks!

As well - is there a way to make a standalone page on a site require this cookie to log in?
TBloodfist

Re: Multiple coranto installations - shared login (and cooki

Postby Parahead » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:43 pm

TBloodfist wrote:I am wondering if it is possible for me to install multiple versions of coranto on one server (ie - one for news, one for articles), yet have them all share the same login cookie?
Are you familiar with the News Categories addon and the X Multisubmit addon? Together they make it possible to post newsitems into different sections like news, articles and such as well as have different submit pages for each section with only the necessary fields for that particular section. You can also restrict users so they only can submit news to a section they have permission to, so basically there is no need for multiple installations...

TBloodfist wrote:As well - is there a way to make a standalone page on a site require this cookie to log in?
If you do a view source on the Coranto login page you should be able to see which fields that is required to login. Replicate the form in a page of your own and you will have a custom login page. Of course the user will end up on the Coranto login page if you enter something wrong though.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby TBloodfist » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:44 pm

Ok, thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware of those features - but I am looking for the cookie solution, as well.

What I mean by the login, is not the fields. I mean, if you are NOT logged into coranto (cookie check), it would tell you a message like "you need to login".. and put a form below. If you ARE logged in, it would display the page.
TBloodfist

Postby Parahead » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:58 pm

TBloodfist wrote:What I mean by the login, is not the fields. I mean, if you are NOT logged into coranto (cookie check), it would tell you a message like "you need to login".. and put a form below. If you ARE logged in, it would display the page.
With the limited information you provided in the first post it was kind of hard to know that it was this info you where after... ;-)

Anyway, you could probably to this if you had some knowledge about cookies, Perl and Coranto, is this the case? One thing with cookies is that they are only set to a specific "target" folder and its subfolders, so you would not be able to use this as you think. The login cookie is set to /cgi-bin/your_coranto_folder/ thus you will not be able to use it in / as an example. Do a search in the forum for the words cookie AND login and I think you will find some threads with more info on this topic.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Lumberjack » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:01 pm

TBloodfist wrote:What I mean by the login, is not the fields. I mean, if you are NOT logged into coranto (cookie check), it would tell you a message like "you need to login".. and put a form below. If you ARE logged in, it would display the page.

Perhaps you can adapt the code in the EasyEdit addon to this purpose TBloodfist?
Lumberjack

Return to Customization