Automatic posting

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Automatic posting

Postby Jgold723 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:08 pm

I'm using Coranto for a client's site. They'd like to have some announcements (like holiday closings) automatically appear on the site.

Is there a way to pre-post news announcements and then have them appear on a specified date and then disappear on a specified date?

Thanks,

John
Jgold723

Re: Automatic posting

Postby Parahead » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:48 pm

jgold723 wrote:Is there a way to pre-post news announcements and then have them appear on a specified date and then disappear on a specified date?
Yes, use the Change Date New addon for the pre-post and disappear part. If you want automatic rebuild of the news without anyone manually doing it you need the Autobuild addon and have crontab or similar functionality available on your server. This thread may be of interest to you as well...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Re: Automatic posting

Postby Dale Ray » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:44 pm

jgold723 wrote:I'm using Coranto for a client's site. They'd like to have some announcements (like holiday closings) automatically appear on the site.

Is there a way to pre-post news announcements and then have them appear on a specified date and then disappear on a specified date?

Thanks,

John

You can use Coranto in conjunction with smcCal to do this without a cron job.

See:

http://www.corantodemo.net/doc/coranto-calendar.html

for information on using the two scripts together.

You can manage the list with Coranto and smcCAL will show a list of upcoming events for the number of days you specify events in the past are dropped.

Read the doc file I pointed you at and the smcCAL docs thoroughly.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Customization