Headline Help

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Headline Help

Postby djeam » Wed May 25, 2005 4:26 pm

I am trying to get the maginot addon up and running. I followed the directions but something above my level is wrong. Would someone be willing to assist me. The browser locks up when you "Build News". Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
djeam

Postby muttly » Wed May 25, 2005 5:00 pm

I've never heard of a browser locking up on Build, but I thought I'd drop you a line anyway and tell you that you'll have a much better time getting help if you can provide more details about how you have done your set up. That includes stuff like what version number of Maginot, what type of profile and that sort of thing.
muttly

Postby Parahead » Wed May 25, 2005 5:09 pm

muttly wrote:I've never heard of a browser locking up on Build, but I thought I'd drop you a line anyway and tell you that you'll have a much better time getting help if you can provide more details about how you have done your set up. That includes stuff like what version number of Maginot, what type of profile and that sort of thing.
I agree with you muttly, it is easier to get help if one provide this information...

It is possible to create a deadlock during build though, check out this thread for an example...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Andross » Wed May 25, 2005 5:39 pm

I've had a problem like this before, and it might be a server deal. When you build news, there's some type of bandwidth on a specific script/action thing that Coranto is using. I remember having asked about this a LONG time ago, when none of our news would build. It turned out our server had an setting on that plain prevented Coranto from building news.

Simply contact your host, tell them that your CMS cannot build news and that you suspect that the server may have a setting on that's preventing it. It probably worked before hand because some sort of bandwidth thing hadn't been exceeded yet.
Andross

Return to Customization