Ok help with styles

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Ok help with styles

Postby dstyleandy » Thu May 19, 2005 9:03 am

I have a feeling this has been answered before but well here goes,

Ok i need my news to fit in with the style of my site. Ok the problem is I would like to use my css file to do this. Is there anyway of doing this if so how if not how can I change the style ie color of txt, links etc.

thank you all in advancve
Andy
dstyleandy

Postby SrNupsen » Thu May 19, 2005 11:31 am

Include your style sheet in your HTML page like you would normally do. Then, ofcourse, include the profile's text file at some point, to insert your news.

Now inside Coranto: In your style you can use any HTML you want to. So if you have a class named maintext in your stylesheet, you can put:

<span class="maintext"><Field: Text></span>

in your style to manipulate how your news look.

There are lots of tutorials describing styles as well, f.ex. in the "Other" section of this site.

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby dstyleandy » Thu May 19, 2005 2:45 pm

Thank you now for my next question if it makes any sense, Ok I used the catogery manger to have two different types of news. Now I can get my page to look at the right headline file but I cant get the links on the headline file to look at the correct page. So my question is how do I do that?

Andy
dstyleandy

Postby Parahead » Thu May 19, 2005 6:06 pm

dstyleandy wrote:Thank you now for my next question if it makes any sense, Ok I used the catogery manger to have two different types of news. Now I can get my page to look at the right headline file but I cant get the links on the headline file to look at the correct page. So my question is how do I do that?
What do you want to do? Have each full story newsitem on an individual page or the headlines being an internal anchor link to the full story on the same html-page?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby dstyleandy » Thu May 19, 2005 7:00 pm

ok let me try and explain it imagine two small columns on a web page one for the 1st cat and the other for the other. ok now the headlines are in there corresponding column but I can get Cat 1 to appear when link is clicked, but I can't get the Cat 2 full news to appear when link is clicked it just shows cat 1's full news.

Is that any clearer?

Andy
dstyleandy

Return to Customization