[HELP]Inclusion of headlines inside viewnews.cgi??

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

[HELP]Inclusion of headlines inside viewnews.cgi??

Postby PFDC » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:10 pm

Dear friends;
I have just upgraded to Coranto from newspro. I must say it looks good but many features are not yet available.

I used to incorporate my headlines inside the newspro with the help of Java script but Coranto does not do the trick and the headlines do not show. Because I have lots of news recently converted into Coranto, I can not use the Maginot static pages and start from scratch so I need to get this working somehow.

Can anyone help please?
PFDC

Re: [HELP]Inclusion of headlines inside viewnews.cgi??

Postby msbzdragn » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:28 pm

Originally posted by PFDC
I have just upgraded to Coranto from newspro. I must say it looks good but many features are not yet available.
Umm - like what? Not all of the addons have been ported over to Coranto, but the script itself can do anything NewsPro can and a million times more.
I used to incorporate my headlines inside the newspro with the help of Java script but Coranto does not do the trick and the headlines do not show.
This can be made to work just fine in Coranto. I'll give you the link in a moment, but first...:
Because I have lots of news recently converted into Coranto, I can not use the Maginot static pages and start from scratch so I need to get this working somehow.
Why can you not use Maginot because you've lots of converted news? You do understand that Maginot can retrospectively build pages for all of your old news, yes? All you have to do is configure the profile, and click 'Full Rebuild'.

That said, if you want to use the Javascript method (which will not work if your readers have disabled javascript or use an older browser) read this.
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby PFDC » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:43 pm

I have tried to do all that but somehow they don't show up. Can you help me? please send me an email to:
webmaster@parsnet.com

I appreciate your help.

Cameron
PFDC

Postby l0rdphi1 » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:46 am

PFDC wrote:I have tried to do all that but somehow they don't show up.
What dosen't? your headlines? If so: this many seem stupid but, did you enable them? :D
l0rdphi1

Postby ultimatesystem » Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:54 pm

Yeah, also in my viewnews.cgi my headlines won't show up either.
ultimatesystem

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:57 pm

---> "Why can you not use Maginot because you've lots of converted news? You do understand that Maginot can retrospectively build pages for all of your old news, yes?"
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Return to Customization