Styles: My Stupid Question

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Styles: My Stupid Question

Postby Errdoth » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 pm

I know this has probably been answered before, or is just common knowledge, but I need some help.

I just installed Coronto, and have a big question on customization. On my index page, I have a table that the news to be in, so I placed
Code: Select all
<!--#include virtual="...blahblahblah"-->
and it works, but it is just so boring. I looked at the wiki on styles or whatever, but that didn't help. I want to add some color and organize it differently. Insead of:

News Item --Errdoth (Date)

I want something like:

News Title (In color and bigger size)
Posted by: Errdoth on (Date)
Article

All separated in different rows in the table. Like the title in one row, the author on another, and the article in the next. Can I do this, from the point of view of a non-perl programmer?
Errdoth

Postby Jackanape » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:16 pm

Yes, you can set Coranto up to appear in any way your styles are configured to allow...you can use tables, DIVs, you name it. Here is a good place to start reading:

http://www.corantodemo.net/wiki/index.php/Styles/Styles

Specifically, you may be interested in the flexible tables portion. As we always say, with Coranto, you're only limited by your own imagination, as to what you can do with it...

Let us know how things turn out!
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Return to Customization