Static pages / Maginot URL help

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Static pages / Maginot URL help

Postby BJv » Tue May 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Right now I've got it working so that each news article gets it's own php page in it's own directory like: news/2007/3/30/News_Headline/index.php

The problem is the news on the main page links to the index.php file what I want to do is link to the directory only as I've been told that's much better for search engine listings etc...

The problem is I can't find out how to change this link so that when I put <MaginotURL: Article> (Article being the name of the profile) into a news style it will link to the directory instead of the index.php file.

And what would really make it perfect is if the: _ to seperate headline words could be replaced by: -.

Is there anyone who could help me solve this it would be much appraciated. I know it's possible since everything is possible with Coranto, hell it's been cooking me breakfast for 3 weeks now :lol:
BJv

Postby BJv » Tue May 01, 2007 5:27 pm

Ok I've found my own solution. I added an extra news field where I'll enter my own directory name. Eventhough I now have to fill in something extra this is actually better cause I have full control over wich keywords to put in the dir name. 8)
BJv

Postby Lumberjack » Tue May 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Sounds like a pretty nice idea. Could you have used the Category field for keywords, or isnt that enough?
Lumberjack

Return to Customization