nsettings and mysql

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

nsettings and mysql

Postby jmaraz » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:47 am

I am not sure if I am the only one or not but I think that seeing an addon that converts nsettings into mysql would be great. All I would really like to see would be the users put into the mysql database because this would allow me to create a portal like site in which users of the forums could be made into coranto users automatically and vice versa along with a few other neat things that I'm sure could be done with mysql. I remember l0rdphi1 mentioning something about this before but am not sure whatever happened to the idea. Unforutunatly I am blatently stupid when it comes to perl and/or creating coranto addons and was wondering if something like this is anywhere in sight from another addon developer... Here's to hoping. :wink:
jmaraz

Postby l0rdphi1 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:40 am

I doubt you'll ever see anything with separate tables for users, profiles, etc. in Coranto 1 or 2 but at least for Coranto 2 someone has planned to make a user integration addon for phpbb.
l0rdphi1

Postby jmaraz » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:29 pm

coranto 2 eh? how many years will it be till this one?
jmaraz

Postby l0rdphi1 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:24 pm

Alpha should be ready any day now.

Fully-functional beta should be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.

Version 1.0 by Jan 1st, 2003 I hope.
l0rdphi1

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:43 pm

l0rdphi1 wrote:Alpha should be ready any day now.

Fully-functional beta should be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.

Version 1.0 by Jan 1st, 2003 I hope.

You might want to allot a little more than 2 weeks for alpha testing. Just a suggestion - if you get people's hopes up and then we get stuck in alpha for a while on a tricky bug or a bunch of feature requests, that tends to upset the people relying on a date they were given. :)
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby jmaraz » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:58 pm

Wow... I had no idea there was even a Coranto 2... but only two weeks away for the beta... Very nice. :D

I'm not sure I'm even going to need a second version. Coranto does pretty much everythign I need to do thanks to Coranto SQL. Are there any big improvements with number 2 or is it just gonna be like coranto 1 but with no bugs or something...?
jmaraz

Postby l0rdphi1 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:25 am

jmaraz wrote:Wow... I had no idea there was even a Coranto 2... but only two weeks away for the beta... Very nice. :D

I'm not sure I'm even going to need a second version. Coranto does pretty much everythign I need to do thanks to Coranto SQL. Are there any big improvements with number 2 or is it just gonna be like coranto 1 but with no bugs or something...?

hehe... there's nothing on the internet right now that even comes close to Coranto 2 :)
l0rdphi1

Return to Customization