Multiple news styles

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Multiple news styles

Postby Pikminian » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:18 pm

What I want is to have two different submit news pages, but they need to have different news styles. For example, one page would be to submit news, the other to submit poems, except the news would have a different style than the poems. The news would go to news.txt, and the poems to poems.txt, and I would call them using SSI at some point on my website.
I've downloaded the xmultisubmit add on, but couldn't figure out how to make the new submit page take a different style. Whenever I use the new submit page, it just prints the html, (with the same style as the news) to news.txt.
I'm new and the answer is probable obvious but I don't see it. Could someone please tell me how to do this?
Pikminian

Postby kriko » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:28 pm

hey, you are not being very clear.
what you might want:

1) the pages where you submit news (generated by XMultisubmit) have different style - with this version, and not modifying it any way, not possible.

2) want to manage two parts of your site with coranto. simple. download categories addon or Tintinnabulum addon, then make some categories (2 one news and another poems, ot just leave the default and make category poems). then in profiles, you have to create a new profle, called prefferably poems. tell coranto to include news from that category. and for the poems having another style, make a new news style, here is a guide for that helps: http://factory.eatsleepcode.ca/coranto/ ... gsdoc.html
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby Sumaleth » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:32 pm

XMS is used to make separate 'submit news' pages.

I think what you need is the News Categories addon (Official Files). This will let you make a "poems" category in addition to the standard "news" category.

Next you need to make up a new Style. You can use the default news style for "News", so make up another one for "Poems".

Then you need to make a new Profile. You can use the existing Profile for "News", so make up another profile for "Poems". You can configure these to only include news items from the corresponding category, and also tell them which Style to use.

Thats a rough overview. Just keep clicking on buttons and you'll eventually see where everything is.

And if you use the FaceLift addon it'll be a little easier too.
Sumaleth

Postby Sumaleth » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:37 pm

Sumaleth

Postby kriko » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 pm

Sumaleth - all the instroduction pages have all the same title: Coranto: News Built
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby Pikminian » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:45 pm

Sorry for not being very clear. You have answered my question though, so thank you.
Pikminian

Return to Customization