Limiting users to one category?

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Limiting users to one category?

Postby BJv » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:04 pm

I'm working on a new site, one part of the site will have blogs by artists I would like to use 1 coranto script for all the blogs. Now I trust these artists wont mess around on other people blogs but I would still like to limit each artist to only being abled to post or edit stuff in their own category. Is this possible?
BJv

Postby Jackanape » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:40 pm

That's what the News Categories Addon does. You can set permissions for each category--in this case, each artist gets their own category--so that they can't even accidentally monkey with each others' entries.

I'm not sure how you plan to set up the rest of this site, whether all the blogs would be together, etc, so I can't help you further, but that, at least, is a first step!
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby BJv » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Jackanape wrote:That's what the News Categories Addon does. You can set permissions for each category--in this case, each artist gets their own category--so that they can't even accidentally monkey with each others' entries.

I'm not sure how you plan to set up the rest of this site, whether all the blogs would be together, etc, so I can't help you further, but that, at least, is a first step!

Thanks. I actually shouldve known this cause I've seen that before. :oops:

I plan to give each category it's own profile and news style. I believe this will be easy to set up. Gotta love Coranto.
BJv

Return to Customization