South Suburban College Volleyball Site

Show off your Coranto-powered web sites in here!
Want to get some ideas as to what Coranto can do? Come on in, and browse...

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Postby Dale Ray » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:03 pm

This site is maintained almost completely with Coranto. The navigation links and all news are created with Coranto. The front page has 6 server side includes.

The calendar is smcCal with the contents managed by Coranto as explained here.

The schedule is a static page created by Coranto and will display the match results, with links to summaries as the matches are played.

There is more content to come, including the team roster and a contact form.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby bozoka45 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:41 pm

I'm curious, what method did you use to create the links on the left with Coranto?

Also, when I go from your home page to the calender, the navigation menu text gets so small I can't read it. Not sure if that's intended or just a bug, but just wanted to let you know.
bozoka45

Postby Dale Ray » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:07 pm

bozoka45 wrote:I'm curious, what method did you use to create the links on the left with Coranto?

Each section of links is created by it's own Coranto profile and included in the page with an SSI include.

To allow for the links to be placed in the a specific order I use a custom field for the display order and sort on that. I use the default subject field for the text the user sees and a custom field for the actual URL. It is all put together in the style into the format appropriate for your navigation menu. The links on my Coranto Demo site are created the same way and I use another profile to generate a page of all of the links sorted alphabetically.

Someone else will be maintaining this site so I created a separate X Multi Submit page for each section so that stuff gets put where it should be without confusion.

bozoka45 wrote:Also, when I go from your home page to the calender, the navigation menu text gets so small I can't read it. Not sure if that's intended or just a bug, but just wanted to let you know.

Thanks! I left some stuff in the style sheet I was using for testing. Have a look now and let me know if it is OK. Looks fine with IE 6, Opera 7 ,and Firefox .7 to me but you never know. :?
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby bozoka45 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:37 pm

Oh, cool, I see how you did it. And your CSS works correctly for me now.
bozoka45

Postby Dale Ray » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:38 pm

bozoka45.

Thanks for the feedback.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Showcase