www.parahead.com

Show off your Coranto-powered web sites in here!
Want to get some ideas as to what Coranto can do? Come on in, and browse...

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

www.parahead.com

Postby Parahead » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:06 pm

http://www.parahead.com

Just my little place on the net...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby havikk » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:18 am

your houseblog tab is hiding behind your my family one...

IE 5.5
havikk
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:36 pm

Postby Parahead » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:40 am

havikk wrote:your houseblog tab is hiding behind your my family one...

IE 5.5
OK, that sounds odd!? I don´t suppose you could provide me with a screenshot of how it looks like?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby havikk » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:10 am

odd, unless you did something it doesn't do it anymore.
havikk
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:36 pm

Postby Parahead » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:01 am

havikk wrote:odd, unless you did something it doesn't do it anymore.
Nop, I did nooothing... ;-) Really! Actually I didn´t understand how it could happend from the begining, the menu is a table, so placing the menu-items over each other, well, that should just not happen... ?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby WICKED » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:59 am

good looking site
WICKED
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:53 am

Postby kriko » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:23 pm

Indeed the site looks nice :) The colors are nicely picked and all.

Though, there was one thing that cought my eye on it. Below each "news" item, you have a dashed line:
Code: Select all
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the items would look better without it ;)

That's all :)
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
User avatar
kriko
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Postby Parahead » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:37 pm

kriko wrote:I think that the items would look better without it ;)
I agree, removed the line just to see how it would look like and I didn´t put it back... ;-)

Now I have also added "Tell-A-Friend" (using ShadowMail) and "Print Article" links to each newsitem.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby kriko » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:46 pm

Now looking more deeply around the different sections of the site I really must say it is wonderful. I can't imagine what styles you used in order to get that calendar or the lists working. Or actually, I think I can :p

Anyhow. I noticed that you made a new Coranto section of your site, perhaps you might want to redirect the visitors of the older "Parahead's Coranto Corner" visitors to the new section?!

edit:
I noticed something else, this time it's the online monitor. I found something distrubing in it.
1) The online monitor shows the referer links. Mine was with the url to this forum, including the SID, the session id for my login. When someone enters this to their browser, I think that then they can use my login, that is if I haven't made that session expire.
2) You should display the urls as links, and not the full url as text but some text what has a link to referer like: [link]. That would also shorten the online page, which is quite long in width at the moment.
3) I am unable to read anything from the blue background line (I guess it is the first one in the list), without selecting the text.

Well, I hope that I wasn't too theral :p
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
User avatar
kriko
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Postby Parahead » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:02 pm

kriko wrote:Now looking more deeply around the different sections of the site I really must say it is wonderful. I can't imagine what styles you used in order to get that calendar or the lists working. Or actually, I think I can :p
The calendarscript is a modified version of the smCal-script which Dale Ray found, discussed here. And for me the main reason to release Maginot 12 was the ability to make Maginot Sliced Profiles based on dates which make the calendarscript and Coranto working togetger like a charm... :-)

kriko wrote:Anyhow. I noticed that you made a new Coranto section of your site, perhaps you might want to redirect the visitors of the older "Parahead's Coranto Corner" visitors to the new section?!
True, true, you are totaly correct. I have just forgotten, thank you for reminding me, it has been done now...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby LoneOwl » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:43 am

If phpBB is a secure script you won't need to worry about the session id being handed out, as there should(not guaranteeing this) be several things combined to provide authentication.
User avatar
LoneOwl
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2002 2:57 am
Location: That one place, you know?

Postby Parahead » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:16 am

LoneOwl wrote:If phpBB is a secure script you won't need to worry about the session id being handed out, as there should(not guaranteeing this) be several things combined to provide authentication.
Eh? Sorry, I just don´t understand what you are trying to say here...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby kriko » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:43 am

Parahead wrote:
LoneOwl wrote:If phpBB is a secure script you won't need to worry about the session id being handed out, as there should(not guaranteeing this) be several things combined to provide authentication.
Eh? Sorry, I just don´t understand what you are trying to say here...

Read one of my posts above. I edited and I think that you might not have seen it. I was writing about your online script. I suggested some modifications and I found out that my session id was being handed out for some reason.
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
User avatar
kriko
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Postby Parahead » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:29 am

kriko wrote:
Parahead wrote:
LoneOwl wrote:If phpBB is a secure script you won't need to worry about the session id being handed out, as there should(not guaranteeing this) be several things combined to provide authentication.
Eh? Sorry, I just don´t understand what you are trying to say here...

Read one of my posts above. I edited and I think that you might not have seen it. I was writing about your online script. I suggested some modifications and I found out that my session id was being handed out for some reason.
Aha, OK, now I saw what he was refering to, didn´t notice that you had edit the post...

Well, sorry about that, the online script and the shoutbox is my own code and has been under development for some time and I just forgott to change that to a more "userfriendly" layout/content when I released my site. Now I have done some minor tweaking of that part so both the colors are better (I hope!?) and it only shows what domain the person came from, nothing more... It wasn´t really ment to be viewed by the public anyway, just for my own pleasure... ;-)

Still, I think it is like LoneOwl says, the sessionid is not enough for anyone to be using your account. Question, do you have cookies disabled since phpBB puts the sessionid in the URL?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby kriko » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:38 am

Parahead wrote:Still, I think it is like LoneOwl says, the sessionid is not enough for anyone to be using your account. Question, do you have cookies disabled since phpBB puts the sessionid in the URL?

I use Mozilla Firebird, I have cookies enabled. But sometimes PHP assigns the SID to the urls. I have no idea why it does that from time to time.

Perhaps the link won't work on another computer. I tried opening the refer link in Internet Explorer and that logged me on there. While I visit this site only with Firebird. Therefore there was no pre-set login in IE for these forums and that url must have made me log in there too. From that I assumed that the link was kind of a security breach in a way.
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
User avatar
kriko
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Next

Return to Showcase

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron