Using Coranto to power a webstore...

Show off your Coranto-powered web sites in here!
Want to get some ideas as to what Coranto can do? Come on in, and browse...

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Using Coranto to power a webstore...

Postby NFGman » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:57 pm

I dunno if I'm the first person to do this, but Coranto has served me very well on my games site for a while so I thought I'd give it a shot as an inventory management system.

New inventory is posted as news items and stocklists are automatically generated for each category, in addition to a recent-additions list, etc. Drop-down field for Available/OnHold/Sold status and I've got a fast, easy to maintain inventory display system.

Maginot provides the individual item pages very nicely too, without this addon the whole venture would have been pointless.

Total time to online from the idea: 48 hours.

http://nfg.2y.net/sales

Note: Still tweaking the graphics.
Note 2: There's a coranto link on the mainpage, please forgive the lack of a link on the sales page at this time.
NFGman

Postby Zexion_ » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:53 pm

very nice!!! Great use of coranto there.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
Zexion_

e

Postby Emerence » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:22 am

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Emerence

Postby Emerence » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:22 am

that reminds me to chmod my newsdat properly 8)
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Emerence

Postby NFGman » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:04 am

Is it a problem having the newsdat readable? Considering it just lists things you can see by following the right links anyway... Or is this something you'd seek to avoid when you have your pages containing private stuff/PW protected pages or whathaveyou?

Let me rephrase: Is this a security risk, or a privacy risk? =)
NFGman

Postby Parahead » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:49 am

The newsdat.txt file shows the actual usernames of the posters, which in turn could be used if you try to hack in to Coranto. And if you use Coranto to publish private news in protected pages they could be read as well, so I would say it is both a security and privacy risk...

Well, hiding/protecting nsettings.cgi is more important, but it doesn´t hurt to protect newsdat.txt (and newsbak1.txt, newsbak2.txt) as well...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby NFGman » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:05 am

Thanks for that. I'll lock 'em up. If you can still read them five mins after I post this please let me know how much I suck.
NFGman

Return to Showcase