Pro Football Critics

Show off your Coranto-powered web sites in here!
Want to get some ideas as to what Coranto can do? Come on in, and browse...

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Pro Football Critics

Postby ChrisPokorny » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:28 pm

Glad to see that Coranto has a nifty domain now :) I've been showcasing PFCritics on the old Coranto forums for several years now, so here's my first one for the new forums. I updated my layout of everything last week:

-The top story, including the image, is run through Coranto. This represents what I feel is the most important story at the time.
-The headlines, to the right of the top story, are run through Coranto. If you hover over the little double-box image next to each headline, you'll see a cool little preview box with a small image for each story.
-The columns below the headlines are run through Coranto.
-The poll to the right of the columns is run through Coranto, using rPoll.

Here is an actual content page of a story from Coranto: ... forTra.php

I use the ShadowMail addon for each post so that users can submit their feedback.

I just opened my NFL Draft section, which also uses Coranto: I am pleased with what I've done with the player data (click player profiles, and follow a profile such as Brady Quinn. ALL of that stuff is through Coranto).

I just love the seemingly lack of possibilities with Coranto :D Every time I want to implement something new on my site, I manage to find out that Coranto enables me to do it. The next thing I'd like to implement would be something involving iSay, where users can actually post their own comments on specific players for the draft section.
Pro Football Critics - Amazing NFL site managed with Coranto.

Postby Spunkmeyer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:46 am

Looks good man :D
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"

Postby Jackanape » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Very nice work...

but, I think instead of :

I just love the seemingly lack of possibilities with Coranto

You mean:

I just love the seemingly lack of limitations with Coranto

We know what you meant, however!
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Return to Showcase