Thoughts? Ragewars.net

Show off your Coranto-powered web sites in here!
Want to get some ideas as to what Coranto can do? Come on in, and browse...

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Thoughts? Ragewars.net

Postby Pirate Elf » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:08 pm

I posted this once before but that thread I can't edit or anything so here we go!

Ragewars.net

Almost the entire site is ran through Coranto. The quotes, the calendar, the video player, the mp3 player, everything pretty much. The only thing that Coranto doesn't have some form of hand in is the Forum and the Shoutbox.

Thoughts?
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby driv » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Wow - very impressive!
I can see there's a hell of a lot of work gone into that. I wish I had half your design skills :oops:
driv

Postby Pirate Elf » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:48 pm

driv wrote:Wow - very impressive!
I can see there's a hell of a lot of work gone into that. I wish I had half your design skills :oops:

Thanks! It's actually pretty crazy looking through archive.org and seeing all the early incarnations of ragewars. I look back and I'm like "ewww did I really attempt that?". LOL

Just further proof that coranto is as flexible as the coder really! And if something is missing just write an addon!
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby Hrvoje » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:10 pm

very good!
Hrvoje

Postby Jackanape » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Fantastic site, Elf! Keep up the good work...I may have to bookmark that bad boy...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Pirate Elf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Jackanape wrote:Fantastic site, Elf! Keep up the good work...I may have to bookmark that bad boy...

HA! Thanks! I just wish I could say I had more traffic and users. But with a two year stagnation of the page and plenty of issues while I was in college it was rough finding time for it. So I figure now while I wait to find out some information about employment it would be time to work on it. Like I said the entire site for the most part uses coranto to build things. The playlists for the mp3's and videos, the random quotes and pictures, at one point Coranto did do the shoutbox but I liked the idea of a self contained shout so I did it that way.

Now if I could just figure out how phpbb 3 works I could possibly intergrate a comment system of a sort within phpbb 3 so we could chat about stuff there, but 3 is a much different creature than 2 and does not allow any form of html. :-/ So it would all be regxp to convert html to bbcode and lots of other headaches.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby Jackanape » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Well, I'm still digging around inside phpbb3, but it seems to be a rather mod-friendly structure. Inserting posts is really a simple matter, as I've whipped up a few mods to do just that, although I'm not sure I could bridge the gap between the perl of Coranto and the php of phpBB3...if you've figured out a way, then it's probably a matter of integrating the BBcode system into the transfer.

If there's anything I can do to help you with that, let me know.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby SrNupsen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:06 pm

FakeSQL to put Coranto content inside a MySQL database + a PHP script to merge that content into the PHP MySQL database doesn't seem too troublesome.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Pirate Elf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:39 pm

SrNupsen wrote:FakeSQL to put Coranto content inside a MySQL database + a PHP script to merge that content into the PHP MySQL database doesn't seem too troublesome.

Sounds great in theory but application is a tricky beast. But the idea is sound.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby Jackanape » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:00 am

Short of looking at the phpBB comments script and engineering that...have you had a look at that yet?...I think the best thing to do is to pass the form array to phpBB in another way.

Here's the answer:
http://hurring.com/scott/code/perl/serialize/

Once you've prepared your array for submission, then you can use phpBB3's submit_post() function...

How's that sound for late night rumination?
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Pirate Elf » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 pm

Jackanape wrote:Short of looking at the phpBB comments script and engineering that...have you had a look at that yet?...I think the best thing to do is to pass the form array to phpBB in another way.

Here's the answer:
http://hurring.com/scott/code/perl/serialize/

Once you've prepared your array for submission, then you can use phpBB3's submit_post() function...

How's that sound for late night rumination?

Now you are on to something. Does anyone have a copy of the phpbb 2 comments addon? I know it once existed but I don't have a local copy. I could probably just modify that one to work with 3.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Return to Showcase