"File Name" for standard profiles

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

"File Name" for standard profiles

Postby bozoka45 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:00 am

I've recently had to start using Coranto 1.24 again because of the problems with 1.3.x and just wanted to point out what I would consider a bug. In the standard profile pages, the user is asked to input the filename for the output. This works as expected unless a template is used. If a template is used, the filename would be $ProfileName.$ArchiveExt, $ArchiveExt being sepecified in the Change Settings section.

This, IMO, is a bug. The file name should be the same no matter if a template is used or not. It's a very easy bug to fix.

In crcore.pl, find:

Code: Select all
my $fh = CRopen(">$ProfFilePath{$i}/$i.$CConfig{'ArcHtmlExt'}");

Replace With:

Code: Select all
my $fh = CRopen(">$ProfFilePath{$i}/$newsprofiles{$i}->{'textfile'}");

This actually looks like a pretty big bug, I'm surprised I haven't see it discussed before.

Update: I'm actually pretty sure that this issue is fixed within Coranto 1.3.x by creating a separate field within the template section. I think this is unnessary unless someone can explain otherwise. The only reason I could see for this is if a user needs a file for raw HTML and then the templated version.
bozoka45

Re: "File Name" for standard profiles

Postby Parahead » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:43 pm

bozoka45 wrote:This actually looks like a pretty big bug, I'm surprised I haven't see it discussed before.
I wouldn't say bug, but instead "limited functionality"... ;-) Actually it has been pointed out before and as you can see, even *then* it was "old news"... ;-)

bozoka45 wrote:Update: I'm actually pretty sure that this issue is fixed within Coranto 1.3.x by creating a separate field within the template section. I think this is unnessary unless someone can explain otherwise. The only reason I could see for this is if a user needs a file for raw HTML and then the templated version.
Yes, it is correct that this is solved in 1.31.x (BTW, please use 1.31.x instead of 1.3.x) as you describe. If someone need both a .txt output and a .html template based output that can be achived with having a separete field but I agree that maybe it could be fixed like you suggest instead...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development