The CSS-fallback method uses amphibianweb

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

The CSS-fallback method uses amphibianweb

Postby Parahead » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:11 pm

When participating in this discussion I realized that the PrintCSS sub located in coranto.cgi has some minor problems that should be attended.

The thing is that the PrintCSS sub tries to find the stylesheet used for the specific Coranto installation in the nsettings.cgi file and uses a fallback approach if that can´t be found. The fallback approach used by PrintCSS is to put up an external link to a CSS previously found on amphibianweb.com. As we all know this site isn´t used anymore so it would be a good idea to link to a CSS found on coranto.gwe ilo.org instead.

There is also another aspect of this and that is the privacy option. In my eyes the fallback approach violates that setting, since an external URL is called to fetch the CSS, without doing a check if the privacy option is turned on or not.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:27 am

I just realized that the URL to the fallback css-file has been altered in the 1.30.x series to be http://coranto.org/coranto/crscript.css, but trying that URL gives a 404, so it really isn´t fixed yet, the file needs to be placed at that location as well.

Since the crscript.css file isn´t included in the normal distribution I don´t have a copy myself, I hope that maybe dragn has one? Otherwise it can be constructed from the HeadCSS field in the nsettings.cgi file. A little more work, but nothing major...
Parahead

Postby msbzdragn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:49 pm

CSS file fixed. Yes, I agree that the external CSS file should not be called if Coranto's privacy setting is turned on. We need to change the core to fix this...
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby Parahead » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:49 am

msbzdragn wrote:CSS file fixed. Yes, I agree that the external CSS file should not be called if Coranto's privacy setting is turned on. We need to change the core to fix this...
I have added this task to my TODO-list for 1.31.x
Parahead

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development