Request - setting to turn off <p> tags around text fie

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

Request - setting to turn off <p> tags around text fie

Postby Dale Ray » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:35 am

Coranto adds an opening and closing html paragraph tags to the text field. This works OK except when you use other html elements in the field. If you place a list into this field it will be wrapped in the <p></p> tags - resulting in validation errors.

Possible settings for the field:

* enclose in <p></p> tags (current behavior)
* treat each double line return as the start of a new paragraph
* do nothing to the entry, the user must format the entry properly and line returns are preserved
* check the field for other html tags (if html is allowed) that do not belong inside the <p></p> tags and open and close the paragraph tags as needed.

These options could apply to all text fields.

This would help with getting valid html when news is built.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Lumberjack » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:46 am

Are you asking for a choice from those options, or the most correct one? It seems to me as though for users of php there should be no p tags at all.. well to me the last two options seem the most appropriate.
Lumberjack

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:57 pm

Lumberjack wrote:Are you asking for a choice from those options, or the most correct one?

Yes I am suggesting that there be a choice of how the newlines are handled as a setting for any mult-line text field.

The list was my suggestions for possible options. Of course I don't have to code them, :)
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Lumberjack » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:48 pm

I'll find the code where this happens, at least. Then we'll see how easy it would be to implement these options.
Lumberjack

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development